Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Winter Parking Ban - A Call for Common Sense!

Just watched the CTV News and heard the Mayor in an interview mention exactly what I have been chanting for the last two years.... Common Sense!  I am elated to hear these words! Common Sense needs to be brought back into focus on this issue.  Yes, I realize that crews need to clear streets.  If the streets are not clear, I get the calls telling me so.  If we, the drivers, want to drive in the winter then we need to cooperate with the plow guys... that is understandable.

The petition that I delivered to City Council last night approximately 366 (checked the site a few minutes ago at 376) demonstrates two things that must be considered. 1. people's frustration and 2. an amazing amount of common sense solutions!

So in a month's time we shall see the fruit of our bitching. A report to Council from the Traffic Authority. Let's hope that common sense is a priority !  Don't take this the wrong way.  The person is just doing his job, perhaps too well.  We need a balance for which we all can be happy to oblige!
Dawn

No comments: